Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Please Think Pink

For the month of October my blog will be pink in honor of those who are fighting breast cancer and those who have lost loved ones to it. Since pink just happens to be my favorite color, this a perfect time of year to stock up on everything pink and help raise money for breast cancer awareness. I have lost two friends to breast cancer and have another who is going through more treatments to fight her cancer.

My first purchase is my Creative Zen MP3 player! I didn't really think I needed an MP3 player, but DH was nice enough to convince me to get one. I will use in when I am teaching Preschool Choir and Awana, and see there are several podcasts for knitting. First, I have to learn how to use it, which shouldn't be too hard since both kids have a simple MP3 player and can't wait to help mom out with hers.

For more information on breast cancer awareness, visit the Susan G. Komen website. Also visit Support the Cure, for information on purchase products that will give a portion of their sales for cancer research at City of Hope. On my list this year, tea pot, blender and travel mug at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, where coupons never expire and you can use as many as you want! Don't forget to check out Target, Walmart, Amazon, and other retailers for "Support the Cure" pink products.

Think Pink!

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I'm sorry to hear you've lost two friends to breast cancer. Target does have some really cute pink products. I especially like the kitchen items.