Saturday, November 18, 2006

Great Vacation

Back from a week long vacation to Lake Tahoe with my family. Not much snow to entertain the children, but found plenty to do. Sightseeing around the lake, daytrips to Reno, Truckee/Squaw Valley, a lovely boat trip out on the lake, and lots of time to rest, play games and hang out at the townhouse. After a week long board game of Star Wars Monopoly, Tyler took over the board and won the game. We also enjoyed a lot of time just sitting and watching a variety of movies. I knitted and read when I could. Finished several Christmas presents and reading "A Good Yarn."

I was lucky enough to visit both "Jimmy Bean Wools" shops...one in Truckee, and one in Reno. They had the most beautiful yarns I have ever seen! I wish I could have spent days going over each brand, color and texture, but I had 10 minutes to take in as much as I could! I did find one ball of yarn I fell in with and did purchase it (even though they didn't have anymore in stock at this particular store.) When we went to Reno we were able to find the time to stop at the other shop and I picked up a few more balls. Soft thick yarn by Muench Yarns called "Big Baby" in beautiful shades of red, yellow, green, and blue. Don't know what I will make with it, but considering a vest, instead of a scarf so I can use it more often. I also bought 2 balls of pink Rowan (soft baby) yarn to make a scarf.

South Tahoe had a little quaint shop called the "The Wool Tree" which was also very nice, lots of wonderful yarns in a variety of colors and textures. They were just as friendly and I picked up another knitting magazine and two balls of super soft yarn to make a scarf for Lauren.

I used the little bags that I made to carry my smaller projects in the car when we were out driving, and they worked very well. If I had some extra time I would love to make a few more, but that will have to wait until after the holidays. I didn't get quite as much done on the children's blankets as I had hoped, but I did make some progress. It was good to get quite a bit of knitting in throughout the week.

I will take some pictures and try to get some of my FO (Finished projects) and WIP (Works in Progress) posted before too long. Still trying to figure out how how HTML works and how to put in pics.

Enjoyed our vacation, looking forward to another trip to Tahoe in the future!

No comments: