Friday, November 3, 2006

In The Bag

Still trying to get the hang of this blogging thing, doing better at learning to knit my first sweater!

Last night I got the bright idea to make my own version of of a GoKnits Pouch from KnitPicks, mostly because I didn't want to spend $20 to buy one. Sooo, I spent last night cutting out a protype. It turned out to be too short and too wide, so I set it aside and today did another. It turned out better, still a little on the short side, but it will work. I then took the other apart and adusted the length, which made it much more narrow. I was very pleased with the final results and glad I went to the trouble to redo it. Maybe I can make up a few more in different sizes, at least I can use some of my extra yarn.

My lonely poncho is finally getting towards the finishing stages after putting it off for a long time. I don't really like how the yarn knits or the feel of the needles. I got when I first learning and didn't really have any clue about needles and yarn quality. Now it's more just a project to finish than really enjoy knitting! The back to my sweater is coming along quite well, but I got a little stuck on understanding the directions. Thanks to the kind knitters at the knittinghelp.com forums I was able to get some clarification on what they meant. I can't wait to see what the first piece looks like and get started on the front panels. This yarn is so much softer and giving it's a lot easier to work, plus using the Denise Needles are great!

We are going on vacation next week and I am trying to figure what projects to take with me. Since we are driving I will take something that I can work on the car with out having to have the directions near by. I have several gifts to make so those will probably go with me to knit by the fireplace while we watch the snow fall. I hope to get a lot of knitting done while we are there!

Happy Knitting!

No comments: