Monday, July 30, 2007

Lazy Little Lion (added Photos!)

The Lazy Little Lion costume should be finished by the end of today. I still have to finish sewing the mane on the shoulders, put another ear on, and finish the tail. The "paws" didn't come out exactly as I had planned, so I need to rework those. I am leaving those to the very last. The dress rehearsal is tomorrow, so I want to have everything all finished as soon as I can. I'll post some pictures later when Lauren gets home to try it on. (Photos Below!)

Tyler's birthday is coming up on Sunday. We are squeezing in a simple celebration between the play performances and a wedding we need to attend on Sunday. He asked to go to the beach with a couple of his friends on Saturday. Not being a big fan of the beach, I plan to stay home and make his birthday cake and birthday dinner. He choose a White Almond Sour Cream Cake with Strawberries, with fondant frosting. It's going to have a Saphira theme based on the book not the movie (The movie is doesn't follow the book at all, much to the dismay of those who love the books!) I thought I would by some pizza dough from Trader Joe's so I wouldn't have to do it on Saturday, but Tyler said he wanted MY pizza, dough and all! He really wants one of his friends to try it, so I am making two pizzas. One will be pepperoni pizza with olives and the other my famous (made famous by my family!) Chicken Ranch Pizza.

I put off working on the costume long enough, better get back at it!

Here are the photos of the costume finished, unless some changes need to be made tomorrow. We opted for no paws. With her trying to dance and move it was just going to be too hard to make it work.
$2 Yarn!!!
I had to run to Micheal's today to pick up some cake decorating supplies and as I normally do I checked out the clearance area. They had Lily's Sugar N Cream yarn on clearance for only $2! (I bought 2 skeins when it was on sale for $5 and I thought that was good deal then!) Each skein has about 608 yards. The only colors they had were variegated ones, all really pretty so I bought 8! The cashier asked me if I was planning on knitting dishcloths and I smiled said yes! She and I had a nice little talk about knitting and dishcloths, and sales. I plan to use some of it for this pattern from Whimsical Knitting that I have been eying for some time. Just haven't been brave enough to try it.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

That lion costume is ADORABLE! :o) I have been wanting to do those flower cloths from Whimsical Knitting too. I've seen them done up in some type of a cotton velvet yarn for baby washcloths...so cute! I'll have to check out my Michaels and see if they have any of that on sale too.