It has been a while since I have been able to get to my blog and write up a new post. These summer months have been busy. The children had a opportunity to join a theater camp for the next three weeks. While they are at theater camp Monday through Thursday I will work on some summer cleaning, and getting ready for our upcoming school year.
I have three projects that I am currently working. The front panel of my tank top is just about done, but I set it aside to finish up Lauren's blanket. I have two squares left to knit and then I can start putting them together.
I started another project so I could have something for variety and shawl using my Lang Yarn. It's a modified version of the feather and fan pattern from Knit Picks. I am using size 7 needles, but still seems a lot more narrow than the picture on the model. I would have though it would be wider since the original pattern calls for size 5's, but I was having trouble knitting it nicely. I didn't like the way the yarn looked knitting row 4, and when I made a mistake and accidentally purled on that row early in the pattern, I realized I liked the look. I only had to frog a few rows and started again. If I had thought about it earlier I would have done a different edge stitch because they are starting to curl in towards the wrong side. Maybe after I block it when I finished it will be larger and with less curl. Overall I am very pleased with how it is turning out.
In the process of cleaning out my bedroom, I pulled out all my yarn that I had stashed under the bed. Which led me to pulling all my yarn together and repacking it for storage. (now if this is starting to sound like the story "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" you are getting the idea.) That then made me think I need to update my web knitting albums, which meant I would have to leave it out before I could put it all away again. I worked on that this morning and did a bit of updating to the albums. There are a few new pictures, and more to come when I finish up this week.