It's taken me two weeks, several emails to Becka (the Spoiled Knitter), and lots of frogging and reworking on my newest project the Flower Power Dishcloth. I have been wanting to try this pattern for a long time. I didn't have any problem knitting up the five petals, it was when I tried to join them together to work in round I ran into trouble. Becka to the rescue, and after trying it over and over, I finally got it to work today! I am knitting the swirly pattern for the center on this dishcloth. Not sure I want to take this on the plane, haven't quite got the hang of it knitting it, I have to really concentrate on it!
I found that I had to knit in all the ends right away, they were getting in my way and I was getting even more confused! Now that they are done, it makes the project a lot neater looking.
I am still working on my feather and fan shawl, and it seems the most reasonable project to take with me on the plane. It's lightweight, I can layout to use as a blanket while knit and I have the pattern memorized. (We are leaving to attend a wedding in Tennessee this weekend.)
Thanks for all the sweet comments on the knitting ministry. My kids helped pick out the name, and it was my DS who thought "Purls of Grace" was the perfect choice! I have the dates just about planned for our group to get started.