Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Operation Christmas Child


Tomorrow morning I leave with a group of friends to volunteer for Operation Christmas Child. We are heading down to work at the processing center in Irvine, CA. Our church just finished collecting just over 15,000 boxes to be sent through the processing center and then to children around the world. This is my first time going to the processing center, and not really sure what we will be doing yet. I do know we will help in inspecting the shoeboxes, placing a gospel tract in it, and boxing the shoeboxes up to shipped out into the world. We will work Friday and Saturday, then return home Sunday. I am really looking forward to being able to go!

Since we are driving instead of flying down to Irvine, I plan to take a couple of small knitting projects. I am trying to finish up Christmas gifts and only have a few to go, so those would be easy to take with me. I hoping to get all our gifts mailed out next Monday, after Christmas I will post what they were!

I better get packed, we leave at 6 AM tomorrow!

No comments: