Saturday, November 3, 2007

Ouch !

I was up this morning in the middle of getting my chicken salad ready for sandwich for my friend's wedding reception. I was slicing up the chicken breasts to put in food processor, when I got my thumb, on my left hand, in the way of the knife meant to slice the chicken. At that point I wasn't sure what I had did, but I knew it HURT! And it started bleeding, I yelled that I think I might have cut off the tip of my finger, and thinking to myself I do not have time to go to the Urgent Care I am supposed to get these sandwiches made and help set up at the reception! We were able to check it and determined I only had sliced through the nail and just under it, about 3/4 of the way across the nail. I was in such a hurry to get the chicken salad made I got a little careless at using the sharp knife!

After I got the bleeding to stop and took a couple of pain relievers, John finished up the chicken salad for me and even got breakfast for us all. I was a couple of hours late getting to the church to help with the reception. I was able to help get the food ready, as long as I was careful. The reception was lovely and I am glad I didn't have to go get stitches instead of helping at out my friends!

It still hurts, but not nearly as much as earlier. I did discover I can't really knit, I really need to use my thumb to manipulate the left hand needle. I can type, I have gotten good at not using my thumb to push the space bar! I was just about finished with one of my smaller projects and was rather bummed it would have to wait! The knitting can wait, but I do have a lot to prepare for a birthday party on Saturday!

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Ow! I hope it heals quickly. I can't imagine not being able to knit ... *shudder*