Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Glamour Capelet

I don't know what intrigued me about this pattern, because when you first look at it, glamour isn't a word that I would use to describe it. But it just kept calling my name and I finally bought the pattern. Ravelry was a great place to start looking at color options, and how others might have adapted the pattern.

At the beginning of summer I purchased several skeins Wool of the Andes Kettled Dyed Yarn (Ivy Color) through knitpicks.com, with the hopes of using it for a different pattern, but it was the wrong gauge. I also purchased Shimmer Hand Dyed Lace Yarn (bayou color) , a variegated yarn of brown, greens and teal blues. When combined with the WOTA yarn, the effect is a very pretty heathery color scheme. This turned out to be the right combination to use with this pattern.It's only in the very beginning stages, only a few rows into the neck portion. There are two new techniques with this pattern I am not all that sure about, the "knit-in hem collar" and "short-row knitting." Also I am not all that sure I like the ribbed collar, it seems rather bulky for my taste, so I may redesign it. It will certainly be a learn as I go pattern!

1 comment:

Katidids said...

Thanks for the tut link! I have a project that has been on hold until I learned how to do that. Beautiful work!