Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Begins

I have been very busy and not be able to update my blog at all! We just returned this past Sunday from a 9 day tour through Boston, New York, Gettysburg, Washington D.C., and Williamsburg/Jamestown area. We went full force for 9 days straight, from early morning to late night. My whole family joined a school group, where we got 9 days of American History from a Christian perspective. Just as soon as I can get some pictures I will post a few. I am still trying to get myself together, feeling somewhat jet lagged and completely overwhelmed with all we did and saw!

Before we left I finished up a few projects that I had been working on, knowing I probably won't be doing much knitting for a bit.

This blanket was for a friend, sort of a Modern Log design from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book. I used Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick. I washed and dried it before I gave it to her and looked even better. She loved it.
I tried a new crochet stitch with this baby blanket and loved the way it turned out! The picture actually shows a strong pattern with the variegated yarn, but it much more subtle looking in person. This year was wonderful to work with Bernat soft and chunky ombre. It is also washable and looked even better after I washed and dried it in the dryer. The pattern stitch is from this pattern with some modifications. No hood, and three rounds of single crochet stitches around the edges. Will definitely make this again. I finished this just before we left. Unfortunately I lost it on our boat tour of the New York Harbor so I am working on another. I wanted a phone cover for my new phone, worked great, so anxious to get a new one finished. (This picture is before I put the button and loop on.)

No comments: