Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Having a cold on Mother's Day certainly put a little damper on how we celebrated the day. After our morning church service I requested lunch at Red Lobster. Thankfully, although it was busy, we were seated right away and enjoyed a nice lunch as a family. We came home and I took a nap, apparently a very long nap! I received a very nice surprise from my family.

While I took a nap with Lily, they went on errand and I woke up to these surprises. First was a poem that Lauren wrote herself just for me. She said she worked on all week and then typed it up and put it together. Her brother helped her get all the words spelled correctly. I will be getting this framed just as soon as possible!

A bouquet of Pink Roses:

And box of See's candy and a gift certificate to use later. It's my favorite candy, always reminds me of my grandmother Dorothy, there was never a holiday or special occasion we didn't have a box of See's to enjoy. Whenever Grandma took us shopping we always stopped at the See's candy store for a special treat.

Lily hanging out with me while I wait for dinner. John fixed a simple dinner since we had a nice lunch out. It was a nice day and I am very thankful for my family making me feel special even thought I didn't feel all that great!

No comments: