Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring Ladies Tea

This week I have been busy with preparations for our annual Ladies Tea at our church. The theme this year is based on the Plaza Hotel in New York City in the 1920's, with an art deco decor. My job was to make little chocolate butterflies to decorate the cupcakes, bake 200 mini scones, prepare bookmark favors, and set up a table that I will host on Saturday. I also put together favors for the guests at my table. The set up was beautiful as usual!

Scones, my absolute favorite recipe. I made two kinds, Cranberry Cinnamon and Chocolate Chip. Received a lot of compliments!
Cupcakes topped with Pastry Pride, gold edible glitter, and chocolate butterflies. Pastry Pride is a stabilized whipped cream, great for topping cupcakes, light and creamy.
The dessert table with a variety of very delicious desserts.
For my favors I filled tiny take out boxes with candies introduced in the 1920's, Bit-O-Honey, Butterfingers, fruit flavored Lifesavers, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I also got a great deal on the candles at Walmart, put a black ribbon with sparkly pink, silver, white and black flowers to dress them up. The lady who put the tea together provided the bookmarks, I just added the ribbon.
My table set up:

The lovely set up to look like the Plaza of New York.

Various Tables set up:

I forgot to take photos of the sandwich plate, but it was all really good! It was a lovely day for a tea.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

it does look very nice! Sounds like lots of fun.