Monday, January 9, 2012

Sweet Baby Hoodie in 49er Colors

Last year my friend welcomed a new baby into her family, Julian, born on February 14. I couldn't decide what to make him...finally came up with a sweater with the colors loosely based on the 49'er football team.


Hook: 5.0 mm (H)

Yarn: Bernat Satin Sport Solids in black for trim

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Solids, Heathers & Twists in Cranberry

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Solids, Heathers & Twists in white for stripes

I used trying to use colors that would represent the team colors. Red with white stripes and then trimmed in black. I also always use washable yarn when doing baby clothes, just so it's easier on the parents!

I changed the HDC to 4 Rows of DC in the Red Yarn, and 2 Rows of SC in the White Yarn. I still had a lot of trouble with the hood, not sure if it is due to reading the pattern incorrectly or it just doesn’t work correctly. I found this to be pretty easy to crochet and fast, it’s the seaming that takes some time. Well worth it, love the way it turned out and looking forward to seeing Julian in soon!

1 comment:

Z said...

very cute!


i especially like the buttons.