Sunday, January 13, 2013


A new year has already begun.  Our family was on vacation to welcome in the year by giving the kids a surprise trip to Disneyland.  We returned home just in time for a meeting to attend on Monday night.  I have enjoyed the first week home of this new year sick.  I can't recall being this sick with a cold in a while.  I haven't even done much, but managed a few meals here and there, turn in an attendance report and work on a few things for church.  Thankfully the kids and DH can help with cooking, laundry and homework.  Needless to say I am looking forward to being healthy very soon.

This past year we spent a good deal of our year remodeling our entire kitchen, and some work on the living room.  In addition we had the outside of our house painted, and deck awing removed and redone.  The kitchen is pretty much back together, with just a few more things to put up on the walls.  The living room is done, but because of the holidays we opted to not move in all that we could.  Instead we decorated for Christmas, then packed up all up before we left for a our vacation.  I usually don't pack up that early, but I was so thankful it was done when I came home sick!  

This year looks like we will be trying to par down what we moved out of the house.  I have lots of school stuff we no longer need with both children in High School.  Lots of things that just need to sorted and tossed that are just taking up room in the garage now.  We are also preparing for our son's graduation, lots of things to be done by certain dates for the big day. Between those I still have my responsibilities for church, and homeschooling the kids.  I would like to work on finishing up more of my knitting projects that I started, didn't quite get as much of those done this past year.  

I hope that I keep up this blog better, but no promises!  Happy New Year everyone!  May God bless you all through the year!

No comments: