Monday, April 16, 2007

Celebrate!

It is my birthday today. So far all I have done to celebrate is get out of bed (and work on my blog)! Yesterday we joined a couple from our church and had nice lunch at Red Lobster. (And I got a starbucks coffee on the way to church!)

Today is school for the children, and Vacation Bible School Training tonight, so not really much celebrating in the traditional way for my birthday. Maybe I will go out with the kids for lunch??

I joined the Monthy Dishcloth KAL and each month you make two dishclothes, but you don't know what they are until you finish them. I was able to find (finally!) patterns for ballet shoes and dances on this website. I hope to get a couple made to give to the children's dance teachers when they have their recitals in late May. We received our first set of instructions for the Mid April KAL, so I am anxious to see what design is on the washcloth.

Also, I joined several webrings and put the links on the right there. Lots of very creative and talented knitters out there!

I started my booga bag the other night and stayed up way to late working on it! I realized that when I was almost finished with the bottom I had miscounted and only CO 51 stitches, I was supposed to do 54! Oh well, I left it and knitting 54 rows for the bottom. I learned to new techniques with this pattern, how to pick up stitches and how to knit in the round. And I have discovered knitting in the round is quite delightful! Now I can't wait to do Lauren's skirt! I will also learn how to make in I-Cord and felt a project by the time I finish my bag.
















Happy Birthday to Me! I think I will celebrate with another cup of tea and a couple rounds of knitting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colorway on your Booga Bag! It's such a fun and quick project. When I first saw the pattern, I was sure it would be hard, but it's pretty easy. I also am part of the Monthly Dishcloth KAL...it's fun.

Happy Birthday!!

Marcia said...

I hope you've had a wonderful birthday. The colors on the bag are very pretty.

hakucho said...

Hope you had a happy birthday yesterday! Knitting in the round is wonderful and it looks like your booga bad is off to a great start. Very pretty spring color :)

happy knitting :)

Robin said...

I love the yarn you are using for your bag. I would love to see what it looks like felted. Those colors look great for spring. I might have to make a new bag like that!

Robin

Becka said...

Hey! I see you have joined a few webrings! i didn't know about the Christian Knitters webring, I'm going to see about joining it, too...thanks!

belated happy bday!