Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Almost finished floors

It seems like forever since I have sat down to write up an entry for my blog. I don't even know where to begin! We started school (at home) last Monday and so far it's going somewhat smoothly. Having to work around the new floor being installed has been a challenge, as things are packed up and all over the house and garage. Over this past weekend, the majority of the new floors were put in, and will be finished up this week.

Tuesday, while the kids worked on school, I was able to start putting back the kitchen, now I have counter space (minus the island we had to remove to put in the floor), as well as my stove and dishwasher available for use again! Later in the afternoon I, with some help from the kids, cleaned up my bedroom. Lots of stuff got stashed in there over the last few weeks, and now what is left is neat and ready to be returned to living room when we put that room back together. Plus I can start setting aside what I need to pack for our vacation to Disneyland.

Tonight while the kids and John finished up putting in the last of the floor planks, I baked a cake, and prepared the frosting. John's birthday is tomorrow so it's a great reason to work on another cake. I will post the cake details on my cake blog later this week. It's going to be all chocolate, his favorite.

I have been able to work on my knitting, mainly my tank top so I can wear it next week while we are in Disneyland. I finished the back and just starting the front panel. That's really the only knitting I have done. I want to take something with me, but I need something small. The only small things I have done are washclothes. I don't know how to knit socks yet. I was trying to think of something to take in the car, and while we were waiting in line at the park. But it's looking like I will just take a project for the car and the hotel.

At the moment I don't know where my camera is, and I am so tired I will look for it tomorrow and post some pictures as soon as I can.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: