Thursday, March 4, 2010

Back to Blogging & Lily

It is time for me to get back into blogging. I haven't been that busy that I don't have time to blog, just lazy and post more on Facebook than I do on here. It's now April and I can see the last post was in January! Let's do a little recap, the main intent of this blog was to show off my knitting, great idea, but I am not knitting quite as fast as I would like to show off my projects. I don't just knit, I have other hobbies, baking, cake decorating, scrapbooking, crafts, sewing, so I could add those projects in a post or two in the future. I have plenty of activities I could tell you about church, my family, the new dog, vacations, why not include those every now and then! Let's start with our newest addition to the family, Lily.Lily was our Christmas present, sort of. My cousin C was foster caring for her and I took an interest in her when C wrote about her on her Facebook page. At Thanksgiving we met her in person, which only made me want to take her home even more. Now just to let you know from a previous experience from having a dog years ago, DH wasn't all that fond of taking in little Lily. After much discussion and email conversations with C, DH decided to let us adopt Lily. C kept her until after Christmas when we returned home from a 3 week trip to visit family in Kentucky. Lily joined our family on January 6. Overall Lily is pretty well adjusted, still has some habits we need to train out of her, like jumping on the table, chewing up pencils and stealing stuffed animals. The best guess is that she is a Chihuahua mixed breed, probably some dachshund, and she was probably born around June/July, so almost a year old.

I am still knitting and crocheting...working on several projects for myself and for my "Purls of Grace" ministry. Recently sewed a dress for my daughter for Easter, and found I still do love to sew. Just harder to travel with sewing, it's just not portable like knitting and crocheting.

Another busy week ahead, spending the day tomorrow with my Aunt K and my cousin J, we will eat and shop and shop and eat, can't wait. Then Thursday is another full day as son T finally gets his braces off, while I babysit one of my favorite girls! I will try and do better at keeping this updated, and post some more pictures!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Your pup is adorable! Nice to see you posting again.