Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Birthday Fun

Last week I also celebrated my birthday on Friday. A pretty simple day, but quite enjoyable. It started with breakfast served in bed by my daughter. She brought me Cocoa Krispies, hot tea, a rose from my garden, and my teddy bear, who just happens to share my birthday. (She was my gift last year.)

I love pink...

We had originally planned to go out for dinner to Benihana but opted for lunch instead. It was very nice, not too busy, and a little less expensive. The kids weren't all that impressed, oh well, it was different. After lunch we headed over to Dick's Bakery and picked up a cake to have with dinner. Love their Burnt Almond Cake! We ended the day BBQ'ing burgers and watching a movie. Thanks to family for giving me a nice day to enjoy!

John joined us for lunch at Benihana's...

The chef is cooking our meal of chicken, shrimp, and steak...The day before, our friend's daughter K spent the day with us. She and L had a great time coloring, playing and entertaining Lily our dog. Blowing Bubbles for Lily...
Dressed as fairies...
Lily was so tired she curled up in her bag (actually Lauren's ballet bag) and went to sleep early! She must have been there for a good two hours before we put her in her crate for the night!

2 comments:

Marcia said...

I thought surely I had subscribed to your blog. Clearly though I was wrong. It looks like you had a good birthday! I thought of you while we were celebrating Lucy's birthday. :)

Sandi said...

Thanks Marcia! I am glad you stopped by!